Sunday, October 8, 2017

"Normal" life in China

A lot has happened in the past couple weeks. We are finally starting to get into our "normal" life routine here in China. David is at school everyday except for Wednesday. So we definitely take advantage of that extra day we get to spend with him.
David was asked to give a presentation at his school about his experience and how to get a job at Goldman Sachs. I was able to attend and as I sat down the person in charge setting it all up said something along the lines of, "We tried to find the best and most popular students of the school to talk to us." Haha it gave me a good chuckle, I think he is the best and most popular, it is just cute to hear how highly his classmates think of him as well. He is the first and only American Foreigner to attend Peking University Business school, so David is a big deal 😉 (I can say that because I am his wife and if I don't brag for him, who will). He did an amazing job, he was so informative and gave lots of great information for the students on how they can try and work for Goldman Sachs someday. The room was filled to the brim. It was so cool to see him in his element, he really is a great speaker and leader. Ok, ok rant over about how great my husband is...for now...
A common thing for foreigners to do is modeling. Sounded funny to me at first, buts it's a legit thing here. So Macy had her first gig this past week. It was a 4 hour shoot. I was a bit nervous not knowing what to expect and I especially nervous to take my 18 month old to take pictures for 4 hours. She was a rock star and was so so nice. Our agent is great with kids and made her feel so comfortable the entire time. Macy was even upset when I had to take her away from the photo shoot area to change outfits cause she was having so much with the bubbles and toys they had ready for the kids. Overall it was a positive experience and I wanted to add this in my post so I can show Mace later how she was a model at 18 months. 😂
 This week is a Holiday week in China. (Sort of like fourth of July in America). So most businesses and schools were closed. We have loved spending time together staying busy each day. One day we went to the zoo, and it was awesome. You can feed giraffes, bears, tigers and elephants all for about a dollar. So cool, and slightly scary because you're so close to the animals. No way would that fly in America!


We also went to Hong Kong another day. To get to Hong Kong from where we live we have to ride a ferry for about 45 minutes. Since Hong Kong is essentially its own country (not technically a communist government like China) it was nice to go over there and actually see people handing out bibles and what not. Most people speak English and there is a lot more foreigners, so it was fun to go over there for a day and experience our own little piece of America, or as close as we can get for now.
Ending this blog post with my sweet Macy Day loving the scooter.
❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment